Monday we will be meeting the senior citizens from Brighton Heights at Bistro to Go to conduct interviews. We've put together some sample questions for you. Please take a moment and read them over and decide if you want to use them. If you have other ideas, please add them to the "comments" for this post so others can see them and might want to use them also. Looking forward to meeting all of you and thank you for the emails!
1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself, where you are from and how long you have been a resident of Pittsburgh?
2. What are some of the foods/ your favorite foods you grew up with?
3. How, if at all, do you think the food in this country has changed?
4. Can you tell me some of the memories that surround some of your favorite foods and or meals ?
5. What do you do for a living and how do you think your career dictated the types of food you eat?
6. As part of our homework for this workshop, we were asked to record our daily food intake. What are some of the foods you eat regularly? Foods you know you should not eat and foods that you crave?
7. Is there anything else you would like to add to this interview?
8. Can you tell us about this recipe – why you decided to choose it to share with us today?
9. When you were a teenager, can you talk about how you got your different meals – who prepared them – whether you had a choice – if you had to make your own meals?